Au Pairs DC, MD, VA & PA

This is a forum for all au pairs in the Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia & Pennsylvania Areas. Come join us and meet new friends who like you, are here for THE experience of their lives.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Halloween in DC, VA & MD Area (Sorry probably more events, but it's a little bit of them :) Enjoy ! !

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paulineetoile
Admin
Paulineetoile

Halloween in DC, VA & MD Area (Sorry probably more events, but it's a little bit of them :) Enjoy ! ! Empty
PostSubject: Halloween in DC, VA & MD Area (Sorry probably more events, but it's a little bit of them :) Enjoy ! !   Halloween in DC, VA & MD Area (Sorry probably more events, but it's a little bit of them :) Enjoy ! ! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:02 am

Hi Everybody,

After Natalja Pfening 's post and all the comments following, i decided to creat this subject.

I did my little research about Halloween in DC for you and this is the differents things i found :

HALLOWEEN COSTUME PARTIES IN WASHINGTON DC :

Halloween is not just for kids! The Washington, DC area has some great costume parties for adults (most are for ages 21 and over). So gather your friends and get creative and dress up for a night of fun and frolicking. Here are some Halloween costume parties for 2011.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Parties :

1) :CLARENDON BALLROOM HALLOWEEN MONSTER BASH :

October 28, 2011, 8 p.m. Virginia.

Do you start planning your Halloween costume on November 1 for the following year? If so, the Halloween Monster Bash costume contest is for you. To enter, download the entry form and drop it off at the registration table upon arrival. Judges will pick 30 semi-finalists from 9:35 to 10:15, which will be narrowed down to 10 with the best and most original costumes. These contestants will compete, and the crowd will pick the winners. First-, second-, and third-place winners receive $200, $100, and $50, respectively, and the most original costume also takes home $50. Doors open at 6, and tickets start at $10.

Clarendon Ballroom

3185 Wilson Boulevard

Arlington, VA 22201

Phone: (free) 703-469-2244

Nearby Metro Stops:

Clarendon (orange line)

PS : If you want to participate to the costume contest, the link for the form to complete doesn't work, so i think it's better to call them Smile

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

2) ELLIOT IN THE MORNING'S HALLOWEEN BASH

October 31, 2011, 8 p.m. Washington DC.

Join DC 101 Elliot in the Morning for a Halloween Bash at RFD Bar and Grill. Pay $10 at the door, which opens at 8 PM, and enjoy live music and special guests Plain White T's. Come dressed up because the person with the best costume will be rewarded with $3,000 in cash. The first 50 people to arrive will receive a copy of the Nightmare Revisited soundtrack.

Must be 21+

RFD

810 7th Street NW

Washington, DC 20001

Phone: 202-289-2030

Nearby Metro Stops:

Gallery Place-Chinatown (Red, yellow and green lines)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3)NIGHTMARE ON M STREET

October 29, 2011, 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Washington DC.

Crawl along M Street with other creatures of the night. Thirteen bars are participating in the bar crawl, including Black Rooster Pub, Five, James Hoban’s, Madhatter, McFadden’s, Overtime Cafe, Ozio, Penang, Porter’s, Recessions, Rumors, Singapore Bistro, and the Front Page.

Drink specials: $2 Miller Lite, $3 Miller Chill and Pilsner Urquell, $4.50 Captain Morgan and Parrot Bay drinks, $4.50 Cuervo shots.

Costume contest? As the clock strikes midnight, revelers will emerge from the night, pour into Five, and vie for part of the $1,000 costume prize. To compete, register at Five before 10:30 PM.

Tickets sold in advance. Costume bar crawl to 16 of Washington, DC's hottest bars. Walk-up tickets are also available from 5-10pm at McFaddens (2401 Pennsylvania Ave. NW), The Front Page (1333 New Hampshire Ave.), or Mackey's (1823 L St. NW).

Must be 21+

PS : You can see this link : http://www.lindypromo.com/fliers/101030_NightmareonM.jpg

The Front Page

1333 New Hampshire Ave NW

Washington, DC 20036

Phone: (202) 296-6500

Nearby Metro Stops:

Dupont Circle (Red line)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

4) HALLOWEEN - TWO PARTIES : ONE SCARY NIGHT - ONE HAUNTED LOCATION

October 29, 2011, 8 p.m. to close. Don't know yet exactly.

HiBall Events’ Halloween Monster Bash has been the biggest and wildest Halloween party in the DC Area for 16 years running.

This year, Halloween Monster Bash is again combining with another massive Halloween Party: Fright Night, thus creating the greatest Halloween part the DC area has ever seen!

Entertainment:

* You get 80's rock tribute legends HERR METAL

* You get all the Dr. FU you can handle

* Some prime disc spinnin' from DJs Pat Premier & Howl

* Party favors

* Other Shenanigans

Costume Contest:

Registration from 8:00pm to 10:00pm

Prizes: $300 Cash for best costume & more!

You must be 21 or older to enter

Location and more details coming soon !

PS : You can see this link : http://www.hiballevents.com/Events/MonsterBash.aspx

Name of the place

Adress

Phone:

Nearby Metro Stops:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

5) ZOMBIES SILENT DISCO BAR CRAWL

October 30, 2011, 5-10 p.m. Washington DC.

The event will utilize Silent Disco technology to pump streams of music, provided by DJ’s, into the ears of participating zombies. The bar crawl will include 4 venues: Bohemian Caverns, Marvin’s, Maza 14 and Blackbyrd. Admission: $20 (available at each location or in advance online) includes a pair of silent disco wireless headphones, as well as special drink and beer discounts. Creative zombie costume suggested.

PS : You can see this link to purchase tickets : http://www.inkahootz.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=3

What is Silent Disco ?

Explanation :

Silent disco has become a common name for a disco where people dance to music listened to on wireless headphones. Rather than using a speaker system, music is broadcast via an FM-transmitter with the signal being picked up by wireless headphone receivers worn by the participants. Those without the headphones hear no music, giving the effect of a room full of people dancing to nothing. Often two DJs compete for listeners. Silent discos are popular at music festivals as they allow dancing to continue past noise curfews. Similar events are "mobile clubbing" gatherings, where a group of people dance to the music on their personal music players.

Can be funny no ???? lol

SILENT DISCO

F street

Between 7th and 9th street (Beside Verizon center)

Washington, DC 20470

Phone: (347) 819-8475

Nearby Metro Stops:

Chinatown (Red, Yellow and Green lines)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

6) SPOOKY ! 2011, UNDERGROUND HALLOWEEN PARTY

October 31, 2011, 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Washington DC.

18+ to enter. Arena room with a 4,000 Sq Ft dancefloor, lasers, video projections and killer sound system, 6 DJs, two dance floors, performances, and costume contest with a guaranteed minimum cash prize of $250 for the overall winner, plus other prizes.

PS : You can see this link to purchase tickets : http://www.furnightclub.com/event.php?id=381

FUR NIGHTCLUB

33 Patterson Street NE,

Washington DC.

Phone: Coming

Nearby Metro Stops:

New York Avenue Metro (Red Line)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Other Halloween Events :

FIELDS OF FEAR :

Scary Night-Time Adventure

FRIDAY & SATURDAY NIGHTS.

SEPT 30, OCT 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29, 30

7:30pm - 11pm (last admission 10pm)

What's out in those fields at night?

Over 20 acres of fear!

CORNIGHTMARE™️

Vortex • Claustrophobia • Crypt•Hall of Whispers • Haunted Library•Back from the Dead • Bug Room

DARK SIDE HAYRIDE

Aliens • Graveyard • Farmageddon•Junkyard • Witches • Woodshop•Alien Thunder • Troll Bridge

THE FIREGROUNDS & FEAR GAMES

GREAT FOOD

Bonfire Hangouts • Entertainment • Music • Autopsy Table

Giant Torchlit Slide • Atomic Cotton Candy • Boardwalk Fries

And much more!

Link of the website : http://www.coxfarms.com/fear/?gclid=CJ7Bn5Ly6asCFcFo4AodZkK5gQ

PS : If it's like the place in PA where i went to (Field of Screams), it's really really awesome ! So if you have the opportunity to go to this place, just do it ! It's really nice Smile Scary sometimes, but lot of FUN !

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

CREEPYWOOD, HAUNTED FOREST :

Creepywoods Haunted Forest, is a Halloween adventure located on Huber's Farm in Kingsville, MD, just minutes north of White Marsh Mall on Rt. 7 (Philadelphia Road). Creepywoods Haunted Forest is created by the demented minds behind Bennett's Curse Haunted Attraction located at Blobs Park in Jessup, MD(www.bennettscurse.com) chosen as one of America's Best Haunts, www.americasbesthaunts.com

Summon your courage and prepare to enter the dark of the forest in a walk-through haunted trail filled with live actors, awesome special effects and amazing monsters! Come face to face with terrifying creatures and tortured souls that are neither living or dead roaming about in search of their next victims.

New This year experience an even longer and action packed trail: filled with incredible new scares, impressive new scenes and even more gore. You’ll find a few new surprises that will leave you screaming for more.

Creepywoods Haunted Forest is an intense Haunted Attraction. For those with very small children or are too afraid to enter the woods, enjoy the Huber's Family Haunted Hayride and other daytime activities. http://www.hubersfarm.com/ !

TIME TO GO : FRIDAYS, SATURDAYS : 7h30 PM to 11 PM

SUNDAYS : 7:30 PM to 10 PM

TO : OCTOBER 31

EVERY WEEK ENDS OF THE MONTH : NOT OPEN DURING WEEK DAYS !

DIRECTIONS :

Creepywoods at Hubers Farm

11898 Philadelphia Rd.

Kingsville, MD 21087

From Points North

95 South

Exit onto Rt. 152 Towards Joppa

Make a Right onto Rt 7 (Philadelphia Rd.)

4 Miles down

Creepywoods is on the Right

From Points South

95 North

Exit 67A 43 (White Marsh Blvd.) towards Rt. 40

Take the Rt 7 exit

Make a right at the light onto Rt 7

Follow up 4 Miles

Creepywoods is on the left.

From 695

Take exit 34

Turn left at red light onto Rt. 7

Continue on Rt. 7 for 7 miles

Creepywoods is on the Left

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

FIELD OF SCREAMS :

When it comes to thrills, chills and non-stop action, Field of Screams delivers. With three horrifying attractions and a free* Entertainment Area, there’s always frightening fun to be had. Journey through a field of the living dead on our hair-raising haunted hayride. Rain or shine, face your demons in the Frightmare Asylum, or face off with the blood-thirsty butcher that haunts the Den of Darkness. Experience the heart of horror right here in Central PA!

FRIDAY AND SATURDAYS

Ticket Booth: 6pm - 10pm - Ticket Booth opens and closes promptly at these times

Attractions: 6pm - until the last person is through

SUNDAYS AND HALLOWEEN NIGHT

Ticket Booth: 6pm - 9pm - Ticket Booth opens and closes promptly at these times

Attractions: 6pm - until the last person is through

OPEN FROM SEPTEMBER 16 TO NOVEMBER 6 !

Directions from Our Den to Yours

191 College Avenue, Mountville, PA 17554

FROM THE WEST

Rt. 30 E to Mountville exit, turn right, 1/4 mile on left

York: 25 mins - Rt. 30 E
Baltimore, MD: 55 mins - I-83 N to Rt. 30 E
Carlisle: 40 mins - I-76 E to Rt. 283 E to Rt. 30 W
Hagerstown, MD: 1 hr 30 mins - I-81 N to I-76 E to Rt. 283 E to Rt. 30 W
Harrisburg: 35 mins - Rt. 283 E to Rt. 30 W

FROM THE EAST

Rt. 30 to Mountville exit, turn left, 1/4 mile on left

Reading: 35 mins - Rt. 222 S to Rt. 30 W
Allentown: 1 hr 15 mins - Rt. 222 S to Rt. 30 W
Philadelphia: 1 hr 30 mins - I-76 W to Rt. 222 S to Rt. 30 W
Wilmington, DE: 1 hr Rt. 202 N to Rt. 1 S to Rt. 41 N to Rt. 30 W
Lebanon: 25 mins - Rt. 72 S to Rt. 30 W

PS : I went to this one, and i really loved it ! The attractions (Hayride and Hunted houses) are really really nice ! Really scared sometimes but you are not going to disney meet Mickey lol so here be ready to meat Crazy peoples !!!! lol

This is my story :
Like a Star @ heaven Was an aupair in DC area.
I love you Took care of two little girls.

Very Happy Is living in USA (married) !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aupairsdcmdvapa.forumotion.com

Halloween in DC, VA & MD Area (Sorry probably more events, but it's a little bit of them :) Enjoy ! !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Au Pairs DC, MD, VA & PA :: Where are you living here in USA ? :: WASHINGTON DC :: Going Out !-
Jump to: